Monday, October 3, 2011

Digging Through The Layer Of Pink

I just got back from a weekend away and sat down to read the Sunday paper. The paper was fine. Even interesting. It has the latest news (as of last night) which is fine by me. I feel caught up and educated after being out of touch.

Silly me, after going through the paper, I decided to see what coupons and sales ads were available. That was a mistake. Everything was pinkified. I could bake, do laundry, eat cereal, bread, drink juice and I can't even remember all the rest for the cure. Oops! I can't say anything is 'for the cure' because it has been trademarked by the Komen marketing machine. But you get my point. It is pinkified. Life is pinkified.

I own a few of pink items - including a pink (official MLB gear) Twins hat. But sometimes I feel this pinkification goes a bit too far. I think it throws a layer of paint or ink on a not so fun ailment. But cancer is not about pink or paint or shopping with the politically correct color to send $1.00 of every $10 you spend to find a cure/more research or whatever. Cancer is about people who are living and coping with it. Cancer is not about pink.

Anyway, I will dig my way through a layer of pink this month and see what I can do for the cure at the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment