Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Number 5 tomorrow.

Well, tomorrow is the 5th of 6 chemo treatments! It seems to be going quickly. I had another heart echo today, everything seems to be fine. I will be asking my oncologist about radiation tomorrow. Soon I will be onto the next phase of my treatment.

I wish I could get excited about Thanksgiving dinner, but I am pretty sure it isn't going to taste right. I was grocery shopping today and I would think, "Hey, that would be good to eat this weekend!" then I would put it back remembering that it won't taste anything like it should. That seems to be the hardest thing to get use to. When you're tired you take a nap but you can't make things taste better.

You know I really am lucky when the taste is the worst side effect I have from chemo. Going into this I thought I was going to experience nausea, diareah and vomiting, and have a thin sunken hollow look to my face. Medicine has come along way in a very short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment