Friday, January 27, 2012

On Course

I had the verification scan on Monday. It was pretty easy. They just lined me up like I was getting the radiation and took pictures instead of zapping me.

I have had 4 radiation treatments now. I lay down face up on a table and they call out a few numbers to make sure I am in the correct position, then the radiation machine moves around me to get lined up and I get zapped. The do this in two different positions. Every other day they lay a wet towel on me at the radiation site. They told me this "tricks" the machine into targeting my skin. When they don't use the wet towel they radiate my chest wall. That way they are able to radiate the area above and below the cancer site to make sure it all gets zapped.

The whole appointment only takes 15 minutes. After the appointment I come home and put aloe on the area because sometimes it feels like it is sunburnt even though there is no redness yet.

My head keeps getting fuzzier and it looks blonde or maybe strawberry blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment