Friday, January 13, 2012

Radiation Time

At my doctor appt on January 5th I scheduled a Simulatiom Planning Scan for Jan 8th. At that appt they scanned my chest to put a plan together for radiation. I will have a verification scan on Monday Jan 16th to make sure that the plan they put together will work, then radiation will start on Tuesday. I am told that the side effects are minimal and are mostly skin related, kind of a sunburn in the area they radiate and dry skin. However, there is always risk with a laser being pointed at the side of your chest were your heart is. The plan is to have radiation for 35 days (7 weeks). Barring any snow storms or the machine breaking down I should be done with radiation March 5th! Hooray!

I think my hair is getting longer! At least, my head is getting fuzzier!!

Lately I have had people come up to me and ask what type of cancer I am being treated for. I guess the scarf is a dead giveaway! I have heard many stories of treatment, hair loss and survival of many different types of cancer and each one of those stories are inspirational!

No comments:

Post a Comment