Saturday, August 6, 2011

Friends, Family and Pink



Thank you Everyone for the cards, well wishes, words of encouragement and gifts. I have been recieving them daily and really appreciate all of them.

After my Daughter placed second in in the 5K this morning, my High School Friends stopped by today with a meal and alot of healing laughter. They brought all of "my favorite things" from my blog, including the 60's music and tye dye!!! It was GREAT! Although I am still not sure where the elephant comes in!!? :)

We had some old friends invite us over this evening. They went through chemotherapy last year and it really helped to get some of my questions answered by someone with first hand experience. It is nice to see them doing so well.

After coming home from the hospital on Monday, my sister came to stay, and she left on Friday. You can't even imagine how nice it was to have her here. My clothes are all washed (and the correct color), my garden is weeded and I have food in the fridge!! I am an "I'll do it myself" kind of person and she knew to just jump in and take over so I wouldn't hurt or overexert myself. She was a huge help!! I can't thank her enough!!

I am afraid of getting too much Pink!!! Every time I send Randy out an an errand he comes back with something pink. I now have my 5th pink t-shirt, 2 pink hats, pink sox, pink key chain and a few books on breast cancer. I told him NO PINK BRA'S!!!

The last straw was when he attempted to purchase this trash can on Craigslist!... Men !

1 comment:

  1. it was great to see you and do so much laughing. its so healthy for us. god bless you ill be thinking and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete