Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy To Be Heading Home !

Well, I must admit, I’m in a MUCH better place than I thought I was going to be in … I had visions of waking up from surgery and not liking what I saw. I was a little shocked when I saw it the first time – but I had seen so many pictures of other women, that I was prepared. I am just so relieved that my nightmare is pretty much over -at least cancer wise. I realize I still have the reconstruction process/implants to deal with, but believing that the cancer is GONE has just lifted such a load off my shoulders. Even going through major surgery, everyone is telling me how good I look – granted I’m sleeping alot – lol – but I feel HAPPY. Even when I was supposed to be happy, I wasn’t – because the cancer was always lurking in my mind. I am FREE again, to enjoy my life, free to plan for my future, free to enjoy my kids. I can’t explain the feeling, just knowing it’s gone…If I had to weigh Breasts vs. Cancer, do I care that the girls are gone? (well, I do – a bit). Did any of that make sense? lol I am on Norco – taking a tablet every 3 hours, so I'm a little loopy, just enough to take the edge off, without really knocking me out. Bottom line, I am HAPPY…and I thought I’d be an emotional mess after the surgery. All of my friends and family are so wonderful….thank you for your advice and support and everything else. Waiting for the doctors to release me and Randy to come pick me up. I already did my drains – no worries there. HAPPY to be going home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise, Glad you're home in your own surroundings and resting. Keep stretching those arms but don't do too much otherwise. If you're bored resting try playing "words with friends"
    on your apple! It's a good time burner.:) My kids gave me my user name...it's helicopter mom 24/7. I want to come visit and bring a meal when you're up for it!

    ReplyDelete